|CASA of Westmoreland, Inc.
Please find the following job posting through CASA of Westmoreland, Inc. Please submit resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to Mandy Zalich at email@example.com by July 11, 2014
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program of Westmoreland County
Title of Position: Advocate Supervisor
This non-exempt position requires a qualified professional to manage volunteers who advocate on behalf of abused and neglected children in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree in a human service field required. and
• A minimum of two years experience working with children and families at risk required (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Supervisory skills and human resource management experience required, and volunteer management experience is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and writing skills required.
• Displays problem solving skills, teamwork and dependability.
• Must possess ability to function independently, have flexibility and the ability to work effectively with public, co-workers and others.
• Has a working knowledge of various computer software programs (ex. Microsoft office suite).
• Knowledge of and experience in the child welfare system, child abuse, neglect and the Juvenile Court system preferred.
• Applicant must complete clearances prior to start date or have clearances that have been completed within one year of start date
Duties and Responsibilities
Case Management - Assume management responsibility for between 25-30 active CASA cases.
• Supervise and manage the volunteers'' activities to ensure that the volunteer is guided by the agency mission and applicable state and federal laws.
• Develop a comprehensive investigation and advocacy plan including proscribed timelines with each volunteer.
• Provide support and guidance to active volunteers.
• Maintain timely and thorough case records on each case and volunteer.
• Attend and participate in critical meetings, visits and conferences with volunteers.
• Collaborate with and provide supervision for volunteers regarding reports submitted to the court. Review recommendations to ensure that they are in the best interests of children. Monitor compliance with timeframes.
• Prepare volunteers for court testimony and cross-examination.
• Accompany volunteers to court to assure quality advocacy and assist with procedural issues arising in court.
• Monitor volunteer’s ability to meet essential timelines through ongoing volunteer communication.
• Participate in agency case conferences by submitting case updates in a timely manner with a clear identification of important case issues and strategy questions to be addressed.
• Engage in case conference discussions to review updates on cases, concerns, or questions with Senior Advocate Supervisor or Executive Director as needed.
• Compile statistics on all active cases, including outcome measurements, demographics, placements, etc. through the use of a specialized software program.
• Attend staff meetings and provide updates / input as needed.
• Participate in community task forces, committees and collaborations.
• Assist with the recruiting, screening, interviewing and training of new volunteers as needed and participate in both the core training and ongoing trainings for our volunteer advocates.
• Assist with outreach and development activities as needed.
CASA of Westmoreland, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer