||CASA of the High Plains, Inc.
||107 W 13th Street
||Hays, KS 67601
|The Executive Director of CASA of the High Plains Inc. is charged with managing the CASA program for the participating counties in the 23rd Judicial District.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor''s Degree or acceptable level of experience in one of the following related fields: Social Work, Communications, Psychology, Sociology, Education, and/or CINC Issues.
2. Minimum of three (3) years administrative/management experience.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in public speaking, writing skills, fund development, public relations, and volunteer management.
1. The Executive Director must provide his/her own mode of transportation. The Executive Director is responsible for providing the appropriate levels of liability insurance as required by the State of Kansas.
2. The Executive Director must be computer literate, demonstrating proficiency in a word processing program.
3. The Executive Director must reside in the 23rd Judicial District.
4. The Executive Director must complete CASA volunteer training
Direct the activities of the CASA program.
A. Program Accountability & Certification
1. Monitor progress toward meeting annual goals as established by the Board of Directors
2. Maintain all reports, records, and other documentation relating to the program.
3. Prepare annual report documenting the progress and activities of the program.
4. Work with the Board of Directors to develop an evaluation process for the program.
5. Assure that the CASA program adheres to any requirements set forth through contractual agreements with grant agencies (e.g., OJA, Kansas CASA Association, State of Kansas, etc.)
6. Prepare written monthly reports documenting progress and activities of the organization to be included in the official minutes of each meeting of the Board of Directors.
B. Program Development
1. Work with the Board of Directors, Volunteers, County Commissioners, and County Judges to determine the needs in each County.
2. Work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement goals and related activities to meet the needs of each county.
3. Work with the Board of Directors to establish an evaluation process for the goals and activities of the organization.
4. Keep updated and understand CINC issues and developments that affect the program.
5. Devote time to personal professional development.
C. Volunteer Management
1. Execute the policies and procedures of CASA of the High Plains Inc. Coordinate all volunteer recruitment with the Board of Directors.
2. Assure screening procedures are completed on prospective volunteers.
3. Develop training programs and materials per OJA requirements.
4. Work in consultation with County Judges to assign volunteers to individual cases.
5. Coordinate and monitor case activities through regularly scheduled conferences with volunteers.
6. Be available for volunteer consultations on cases as needed, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
7. Work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement activities to retain current volunteers.
8. Moderate staffing between professionals and volunteers regarding case related concerns.
9. Monitor volunteer''s performance.
10. Develop and/or identify resources for volunteers.
D. Fund Development
1. Work with the Board of Directors to develop a fundraising plan.
2. Investigate funding sources.
3. Develop prospects and solicit funds as directed by the Board of Directors.
4. Work with the Board of Directors to develop secure financial relationships with County Commissioners.
Coordinate all administrative duties as directed by the Board of Directors.
A. Fiscal Management
1. Assist with budget development in consultation with the Board of Directors.
2. Assist the Treasurer with budget reviews and revisions.
3. Monitor monthly program costs and keep expenditures within the approved budget.
B. Public Relations
1. Work with the Board of Directors to set annual public relation goals.
2. Work with the Board of Directors to develop programs and to meet those goals. Manage the activities within each program as needed.
3. Assure adequate and current program literature is available.
4. Develop and publish bi-monthly newsletter.
C. Meeting, Affiliations and Organizations
1. The Executive Director is a non-voting, ex-officio member of the Board of Directors who serves as a professional advisor.
2. Attends all Board of Directors meetings as directed by the President of the Board of Directors.
3. Assure program membership with the Kansas CASA Association, Inc. and National CASA Association, Inc. Attend state, regional, and national meetings and conferences as budget allows. Maintain active involvement where appropriate.
4. Affiliate with other local and state organizations where appropriate and as directed by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director is responsible to and must accept the authority of the Board of Directors of CASA of the High Plains, Inc.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to CASA of the High Plains, Inc. Board of Directors President at: