||Macon County CASA
||Robert "Bert" Gray
||132 S. Water St. Ste 250
||Decatur, IL 62523-1062
|Macon County CASA – Court Appointed Special Advocates for children – located in Decatur, Illinois has opened a search for its next Executive Director. The search will continue until the position is filled, although review of applications will begin May 21, 2013. Candidates wishing to be considered in the first round should submit all requested information on or before May 20, 2013.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in an area of study related to human and social services, not-for-profit management, or not-for-profit marketing
• CFRE, CFM and/or fundraising and development training preferred
• Four or more years of increasingly responsible management experience with not-for-profit, human service, social service, or similar agencies
• Three or more years of financial management experience, including financial forecasting and budget creation and tracking
• Three or more years of fundraising and development experience, including planning and execution of annual fundraising plans. experience with donor software preferred
In addition they shall possess the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organizations
• Knowledge of federal and state regulations applicable to NFP organizations
• Ability to connect with adjunct organizations to assess current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
• Knowledge of human resources management
• Knowledge of financial management
• Knowledge of fundraising processes and management
• Proficiency in the use of computers for word processing and financial management
• Ability to learn how to use case and volunteer management software
• Ability to learn how to use Exceed donor management software
• Understanding of and ability to use social media to advance the mission of the organization
Candidates must also be able to pass a criminal background check, possess a current driver’s license, and complete the training course for CASA volunteers the next time a class is offered following his/her hiring.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management of the organization to ensure that CASA fulfills its mission to serve abused and neglected children in the Macon County court system.
To Apply – Send letter of application, resume, and a list of three or more references (include mailing address, phone number, and email address) to:
Macon County CASA Search Committee
140 S. Water St. Suite 100
Decatur, IL 62523
Electronic applications may be sent to email@example.com (PDF format preferred)
A complete job description may also be requested via that email address.