||CASA of Los Angeles
||201 Centre Plaza Drive Ste 1100
||Monterey Park, CA 91754-2142
|Position: Development Director
Location: CASA of Los Angeles, Edelman Children’s Court, Monterey Park, CA
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience
CASA of Los Angeles activates volunteers who advocate for abused and neglected foster children in the court and the community. A CASA, or Court Appointed Special Advocate, is a trained and supervised volunteer, appointed by a judge to advocate in the best interest of a foster child. CASA of Los Angeles actively recruits, trains, screens and supports these volunteers.
Overview of Development Position
CASA/LA’s Monterey Park office is seeking a highly experienced Development Director to manage the development team with an annual goal of raising over $2,000,000. In collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing all fundraising activities and strategies, as well as establishing goals, objectives and policies and procedures. This individual will be a proven fundraiser with an entrepreneurial spirit. S/he will be an excellent communicator, who is results orientated with a genuine passion and enthusiasm for fundraising and the CASA mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop strategies to meet aggressive fundraising goals of bringing the organization from a
$2-3 million budget to $5 million over the next 3-5 years.
• Lead efforts to establish a strong individual giving program at CASA with emphasis on a major donor program.
• In concert with executive staff and the Board’s Fund Development Committee, develop and articulate a comprehensive fund development plan to generate income targets from major donor individuals, foundations, corporations and community organizations and government.
• Prepare and manage an annual budget for development activities.
• Responsible for new donor acquisition, major gifts, planned giving, foundation grant submittals and corporate giving.
• Oversee all marketing communications to enhance the CASA of Los Angeles brand. Provide strategic direction for all marketing including: direct mail and email fundraising/promotion, and special events.
• Provide strategic direction in the creation and implementation of donor stewardship activities.
• Manage an initial development team, which will include a Foundation and Corporation Grant Manager as well as any external consultants.
• Recruit, interview and select well-qualified development staff and consultants on an as needed basis. Provide training and coaching and set expectations, provide support and guidance. Evaluate team on an ongoing basis, including weekly one-on-one meetings with staff, annual reviews and identify and implement individual professional development plans.
• Oversee the management of donor records in the organization’s database (Salesforce) as well as all records and files that relate to the development team.
• Participate as a member of the CASA management team.
• Other relevant duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant senior level experience in charitable fund development.
• Minimum of two years of experience as a Director of Development or alternatively at least four years of experience working as a number two in an organization with a budget of at least $2,000,000.
• Demonstrated success in meeting annual fundraising goals.
• Superior organizational skills to track and monitor deadlines, reports, communications, etc.
• Familiarity with the strategic use of events to impact revenue generation.
• Significant experience working on major gifts.
• Demonstrated experience managing and motivating staff and volunteers and an ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in the field of child welfare, juvenile law, non-profit and/or volunteer program management.
• Experience in change management.
• Knowledge of Los Angeles philanthropic community
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
CASA of Los Angeles is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.