||Cheyenne County CASA
||PO Box 647
||Sidney, NE 69162-0647
|CHEYENNE COUNTY CASA
The position of CASA Executive Director involves two main areas of responsibilities:
1. The professional support to CASA volunteers ensuring that children involved with CASA receive sound advocacy and early permanency planning.
2. The overall management of the agency and its operations by overseeing resource development, community and public relations, program planning, personnel management, fiscal management and serving as a liaison to the board of directors.
The CASA Executive Director should have the following skills and experience:
1. Bachelor''''s Degree in social service-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. The ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective.
3. Public speaking experience
4. Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis relating to child abuse and neglect.
5. Various fiscal administration skills.
Overall duties and responsibilities include:
1. Support to CASA volunteers
- Recruit, screen, interview, and train new volunteers
- Review new cases and assign appropriate volunteers
- Maintain case files
- Attend court hearings when possible and track court dates
- Provide assistance and consultation to volunteers
- Conduct volunteer evaluations
- Maintain tracking systems for volunteers and case files
- Organize and prepare for in-service training
- Attend conferences, seminars, meetings and other training related to CASA
- Encourage volunteer development and education
2. Resource development
- Research and prepare grant proposals and other funding applications approved by the Board of Directors
- Develop and maintain a donor base for both monetary and non-monetary resources
- Develop and maintain a donor tracking system
- Work with the board in all fundraising events or activities
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with foundations and corporations
- Meet all grant deadlines
- Stay well connected with State and National CASA programs
- Ensure that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Publicize all organizational activities in media
- Establish relationships with other community organizations to include any and all child advocacy groups
- Represent CASA through public speaking arrangements
- Create a newsletter to volunteers, donors and for outreach and educational purposes
4. Overall Agency management
- Ensure that agency operations comply with established policies and procedures
- Ensure agency compliance with National and Nebraska CASA programs through conferences and meetings
- Attend all board meetings
- Oversee implementation of all Board directives, policies and procedures
- Keep board apprised of agency operations, changes and problems
- Effectively manage day-to-day fiscal operations
- Assist in developing agency annual budget
- Develop Funding Sources
Please visit http://www.cheyennecountycasa.org/current-opportunities for application.